[web-team]Re: [Officers] Feedback from SVLUG website

Heather star at betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu May 4 08:22:12 PDT 2000

> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 03:59:18PM -0700, Heather sed:
>
> > Translation, attempting to reach URL #1 yields URL #2
> > instead of usable directions.  No bugs in the page at URL
> > #2 (the frogmen ate 'em)
>
> Heather,
>
> I assume you are also making changes to svlug.svlug.org AND
> svlug2.svlug.org?

I have only made change on the one that answered me as "www.svlug.org".
I always check with a starshine.org browser that a change "went live" --
but I suppose it'd biased to give me the one I just visited, if there's
more than one to be had.

I hadn't realized we'd have two of them for very long at all...

Hmm, thx for reminding me, BALUG is in a machine transition too.

> (If you have, no insult intended -- I
> hadn't checked).  Marc was looking into the DNS records and
> I don't know how the DNS propigation has gone...
>
> Lisa

I don't know either.  But with this possible difference there might be a
clue - The one I changed is visible to my IP range, 216.240.40.160-190.
At this very moment right before I hit 'send' ... my alternate account at
art.net sees the same address I do (209.81.8.243) but I don't know which
I reached yesterday midday, or whether I was "going straight" from work's
IP range.

* Heather