[web-team] (no subject)

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Sun Dec 3 22:06:22 PST 2000

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:51:58PM -0800, Heather wrote:
> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > Enclosed is a description of a position we are trying to fill.  can it be posted on your site?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Sid Lasky
>
> The SVLUG website does not post job listings.  People who wish to hire SVLUG
> members are encouraged to come to the meetings and use the time after the
> speaker steps down from the podium to network with potential employees and
> fellow recruiters.
>
> Our mailing list guidelines consider broadband job postings to be poor
> netiquette.

I'd say that they disallow them and that whoever posts anyway will be banned
from the list.

(...)
> I believe you might meet BayLISA's job posting guidelines for their job
> postings list. See www.baylisa.org for more details.  BayLISA is the Silicon
> Valley area system admin group.

I'm leaving your  message quoted because you probably want  to paste this in
some web page considering  people will ask again and new  people who come to
the svlug  site will not find  anything wrt job posting  guidelines (i.e. no
more job postings)

Right now, the email list link directly points to mailman.
Is it  possible to have  it point to some  abridged version of  the previous
page we had,  and have a few  words saying that we don't  allow job postings
anymore?

(not urgent, it's a whenever kind of thing)

Thanks