[web-team]Re: [svlug] How to unsubscribe

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Sun Aug 27 18:51:55 PDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:11:13AM -0700, Svlug officers wrote:
> Hmmm... I just went through the whole process and it's
> pretty straightforward if one reads the directions:

Agreed, but we do need a web page that has a cut and paste of what you just
typed here. Too many people are asking who to do this and we need a web page
to point them to.
Ideally the email lists menu bar thingy should point to your info page and
that page should have a link to mailman

> Page 1:
>
>   Click on a list name to get more information
>   about the list, or to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change
>   the preferences on your subscription.
>
> Clicking on the "svlug" link yields a page (2) that says:
>
>   To change your subscription (set options like digest and
>   delivery modes, get a reminder of your password, or
>   unsubscribe from svlug), enter your subscription email
>   address
>
> I did so, and saw (3):
>
>   To unsubscribe, enter your password and hit the button.
>   (If you've lost your password, see just below to have it
>   emailed to you.)
>
> Looking below shows:
>
>   Click this button to have your password emailed to your
>   list delivery address.
>
> If you do this, it emails your password.  You can then go
> back to page 3 and enter the password and unsubscribe.
>
> Admittedly this is a bit awkward, but it's not like people
> should be UNsubscribing more than once.
>
> Yeah, there's probably a way to set this up to make it
> easier, but this works...

Thanks,

Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information