[web-team]Re: [svlug] How to unsubscribe

svlug1 at flygirl.com svlug1 at flygirl.com
Fri Aug 18 00:11:13 PDT 2000

Hmmm... I just went through the whole process and it's
pretty straightforward if one reads the directions:

Page 1:

  Click on a list name to get more information
  about the list, or to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change
  the preferences on your subscription.

Clicking on the "svlug" link yields a page (2) that says:

  To change your subscription (set options like digest and
  delivery modes, get a reminder of your password, or
  unsubscribe from svlug), enter your subscription email
  address

I did so, and saw (3):

  To unsubscribe, enter your password and hit the button.
  (If you've lost your password, see just below to have it
  emailed to you.)

Looking below shows:

  Click this button to have your password emailed to your
  list delivery address.

If you do this, it emails your password.  You can then go
back to page 3 and enter the password and unsubscribe.

Admittedly this is a bit awkward, but it's not like people
should be UNsubscribing more than once.

Yeah, there's probably a way to set this up to make it
easier, but this works...

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 12:06:50AM -0700, Marc MERLIN sed: