[web-team]SVLUG project

Bobby Wen wen at vasia.com
Mon Aug 7 10:53:47 PDT 2000

Hi Marc,

This is Bobby Wen, I has spoken with you at the last SVLUG meeting and
wanted to contribute to the organization.  You mentioned that it would be
better if i came up with suggestions on things i would be interested in
working on for SVLUG.

At first i though of adding discussion to the SVLUG web site, using
phpforum.  Then, i realized what i really wanted to do is create a special
interest group for my special interest: intrusion detection and recovery.

I recently wrote an article on open source intrusion detection tools, and
hope to have it published in Linux Journal.  They have assigned me an
article number and asked me for a photo and bio, but i have yet to see
anything about it in print.

What i would like to do is to create a SIG dedicated to Intrusion detection
and recovery, a volunteer service aimed at non-profit Linux based community
servers, in the event they do have an intrusion.

I have worked with the Philippines Computer Emergency Response Team
(PH-CERT) and have tried to form Incident Response Teams (IRTs) in the
past.  I am hoping with SVLUG's membership and the awareness that is
already out-there i will have better success this time.

Let me know what you think.

				Regards
				Bobby Wen
				wen at vasia.com