[sf-lug] How I came to move my domains to Gandi.net over the weekend

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 2 22:02:55 PDT 2024

Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 16:39:00 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: sales at iwantmyname.com
Subject: Customer wants to give your firm money; support won't allow me

Gentlefolk:

Wednesday, May 29th, I opened ticket #2476974 with
help at support.iwantmyname.com.  My reauest was simple:  I desire
manual extension by two years each, of the two domains I register at
IWantMyName, I calculated the fees:

US $21.49 + US $21.49, two years, domain linuxmafia.com
US $26.14 + US $26.14, two years, domain unixmercenary.net
Total charge: US $95.26

To facilitate, I said my credit card on file is up to date,
and that I authorise and request that charge now.

Within a day, I received a boilerplate statement that
_automated_ renewals are for one year only, and citing some reasons for
that.  This was unresponsive:  I had requested manual two-year
extension.

Thursday, I reiterated my request and said I'd seen no substantive
response.  The assigned agent referred me to the earlier statement about
_automated_ renewals.  I wrote back saying this in no way addressed my
request, that I desire _manual_ extension by two years of two domains.

It has now been one more day, and I still have not gotten a straight
answer.

Does CentralNic Group PLC d/b/a ideegeeo Group Ltd d/b/a IWantMyName
want the customer's money?  This customer wishes you to have it.

Please either direct Support to accept my money, or let me know
you don't want it, and I'll commence taking my business elsewhere.

Best Regards,
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com
+1 (650) 283-7902