[sf-lug] server/host photos

Michael Paoli michael.paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 2 01:47:28 PDT 2023

And, for the curious (I knew I had 'em around somewhere):
Well, have a peek here:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=system:vicki_documentation
Yes, that wiki page is rather / quite out-of-date (maybe I'll update
it).
In any case, on it towards bottom, there's link from text:
vicki photos 2013-05-24
That's still relevant (except not that physical location).
That's physical host ("vicki") which at the moment has the
balug-sf-lug-v2.balug.org VM on it,
and is still the semi-regular physical host for that VM.
Nominally that VM would be on my (relatively beefy) laptop -
which functions more like server than laptop (it's also significantly
newer hardware than vicki, more powerful CPU(s), more RAM, faster
SSD drives rather than spinning rust, much quieter, and much less power
consumption).
See also: [1]
And ... what's on that VM?
Most things for these LUGs:
BALUG.org
SF-LUG.org
BerkeleyLUG.com
but not including DNS secondaries for the relevant LUGs and also
not including the lists for SF-LUG and BerkeleyLUG.
There's also quite a bit more there, but that probably covers the most
relevant for this context.

1. http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2023q3/015888.html