[sf-lug] How _not_ to do a retraction & apology (was: 200+ emails from test list)

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 15 19:29:03 PDT 2023

On 6/15/23 17:41, Rick Moen wrote:
> By the way, pro-tip #2:  If trying to send out public retraction &
> apology for erroneously claiming you got 200+ spam e-mails from the Test
> mailing list, it's _especially_ unwise to pick as Subject header "200+
> emails from test list":  Such choice of wording reiterates what caused
> you trouble.

	I chose that item becaue it was the original post to the email list
that I made.  I did not have to go out of my way to post it because
of the email list is right at hand.

	As you said I was in error when I posted it but you rapidly corrected
that.  I am sorry I am unable to be sufficiently obsequious
enough to satisfy you. But you have posted much more than I have on
this subject.  I doubt that I have the influence to do anything to your
reputation on the list or anywhere else.  After all you, Rich, are the
person who generously gives your time and effort to give access to more
than SF-LUG to email communication.  If I did have such influence as to
affect your reputation I would praise your generosity with time and
money more often.  I just scribble a few lines about other people's work
and discussions at the Jit.se meetings.

	I am just a person who hosted the last few years of in person meeting
before the Covid meetings.  The only requirement was that I show up and
help or help find help. I never claimed linux expertise
beyond installing a system on a x86 machine.  I never studied Computer
Science nor indeed ever attended a college or university.

	Have a good life.  I am very sorry I excited your enmity.
Ordinarily I would not get into this on the list but it seems I have
no choice in the matter.

	Bobbie Sellers aka bliss