[sf-lug] (forw) Re: Fwd: Your confirmation is required to leave the test mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 7 00:24:54 PDT 2023

So, Bobbie, here's a thing, ma'am.  You went _far_ out of your way to
post erroneous claims into public about my server, in effect, being a
spamhaus, claiming falsely in the recent past that the
"test at linuxmafia.com" sent you over 200 pieces of spam, even though I
explained what you were seeing last _December_ (the first time), and
even though you could easily see that what you were getting was _not_
from test at linuxmafia.com, and even though a cursory check at the mailing
list's HTML archive would have shown you _zero_ traffic on the Test
mailing list for _years_, now.  And no spam, ever.

In the wake of your making this gratuitous and very mistaken attack on
the integrity of my Internet mail operation, a bit over a week ago, I
made a polite suggestion.  Do you remember it?  Here it is again:

  If you feel moved to apologise for (erroneously) maligning my operation
  in public, I'd be glad to see it.  But, whether you do or not,
  _please at least check the archives_ before making such a public claim.

It's been eight days, and you've been just sending me pleasant and vague
but entirely non-responsive offlist stuff like the mail below.  I
gather, then, that you think you have nothing at all to apologise for?
That's the way this comes across.

----- Forwarded message from Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> -----