[sf-lug] The problem I experienced recently XFwd: Fwd: Your confirmation is required to leave the test mailing list

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 7 00:11:49 PDT 2023

Quoting Todd Hawley (celticdm at gmail.com):

> As I said before I could be wrong. A former tech support person at my
> current ISP claimed them to be so. If I'm wrong on this I apologize.

For my part, Todd, I apologise for being irritaable, and going off on you.

I've just gotten really tired of some SF-LUG people (_not_ you) not
understanding Internet operations and then casually slandering my
no-charge operation that I keep going for public benefit.

At a later date on this mailing list, I'd be glad to show people how to
do SMTP header analysis.  Also, if people seriously have questions about
where some piece of SMTP mail actually came from, I'd be glad to help
show how to do that, given a copy with full headers forwarded here.