[sf-lug] tiny bit of news and lately at Distrowatch

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Oct 9 19:13:34 PDT 2022

Hi LUGers.

	Yes this victim of Dunning-Kruger syndrome is still breathing
this evening.  Hope the rest of the "think we are smarties group" will
reevaluate their I.Q. results.  Not much news but that is a good thing.

Linux 6.0

Linus Torvalds announced today the release and general availability of
Linux 6.0 as a major kernel series that brings new features, improved
hardware support, as well as bug and security fixes. more at the URL
below.
<https://9to5linux.com/linux-kernel-6-0-officially-released-this-is-whats-new>

	==================================

Linux Pro magazine for November 2022 preview issue can be viewed at the
following URL.  Preview Issue
<https://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2022/264?utm_source=LMI+preview&utm_campaign=Issue+264+%2F+November+2022_2022-10-06&utm_medium=email>

	==================================

And in this weeks issue of the Distrowatch Newsletter there is a
review of Unity 7 freshly available on a Ubuntu Download.
Read the newsletter at the following URL.
<https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20221010#ubuntuunity>

	==================================

2022-10-06 	NEW • Distribution Release: Redcore Linux 2201
	Redcore Linux is a Gentoo-based distribution featuring the KDE Plasma
desktop environment, a graphical system installer, and a repository of
binary packages for people who prefer not to compile their software. The
project's latest release works to keep the binary repository up to date
with its Gentoo parent.

	==================================

2022-10-07 	NEW • Distribution Release: KaOS 2022.10
	KaOS is an independent Linux distribution which focuses on providing
one desktop (KDE Plasma) with one toolkit (Qt) on one CPU architecture
(x86_64). The project's latest snapshot is version 2022.10 which
introduces a number of changes to the system installer:

	Next SF-LUG meeting is on November 6, 2022.
Only people who come to the meeting will get to hear
how a stupid error with Ventoy came out.  In the meantime
I caution all clumsy gui user (like me) to disconnect any
large external USB drives.

	Bobbir Sellers - universal scapegoat