[sf-lug] battery life on laptops OK?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 13 10:43:45 PST 2021

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

>     The following quoted material why people assume it required systemd.
> >Code: [Select]
> >|------------------ Running auto-cpufreq daemon install script
> >------------------ * Unsupported init system detected, could not
> >install the daemon * Please open an issue on
> >https://github.com/AdnanHodzic/auto-cpufreq |
> >
> >Probably wants to install a systemd daemon
>
> That is the only reason that I said it, required in the past
> systemd.

Yes, I'm sure some people _assumed_ TLP required systemd, but the fact is
that it did not.  Check the version history, if if you wish.

The "quoted material" seems like it was from someone who hadn't bothered
to do distro customisation, as packagers must get used to doing, hence
was stymied by that obstacle.  (Note: auto-cpufreq is not required.
And, by the way, although auto-cpufreq defaults to running as a systemd
service, it doesn't require systemd, either.)