[sf-lug] Next SF-LUG meeting to be by Jit.si meets and some other matters/

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Nov 1 11:36:41 PDT 2021

Hi LUGers,

     Well after the previous request for discussion no one spoke up for the
in Person meeting.  So we will be meeting at
<https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org.>
on Sunday, November 7, 2021 between 11 AM and 1 PM.  We seem to
have an abundance of caution...

     Just got the digital copy of Linux Pro Issue 253
     Tails 4.22 and Q4OS 4.6 Two Terrific Distros on a Double-Sided DVD!
     That is of course if you go to a store and buy a printed copy.  Anyone
who wants help with a download let me know.  Fog City News is still
stocking this magazine and it will be out much later than the digital
copy but they are selling out so you can order it online.  Just
search on Linux Pro Magazine.

     BSD is a big item on the agenda for the magazine this month it seems.

     AntiX-21 is out with its latest but you can start on Distrowatch
then go
to the <https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/> where you will find
versions with all the trimming for .386 as well as 64 bit versions.
I have only gotten the 64 bit Full version

     And then we have a new tool for enabling networking and all
that implies between computers <https://www.zerotier.com/>.
     One of my fellow PCLinuxOS Forum members found this and
the discussion of what he is doing is at:
<https://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,149644.0.html>

     i hope that the knowledgeable people like Rick Moen and others here
will be taking a good look at this.  It seems that it could help us in
the LUG.  But I am so ignorant i will not touch it until we have some
evaluation.

     Bobbie Sellers, who sez "Don't forget next Sunday!"