[sf-lug] EasyOS 3.1 released.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 25 09:05:35 PDT 2021

Hi LUGers,

     As I said in my previous communication Distrowatch had another good
release out when i woke up this AM.  EasyOS 3.1 It features a container
system for individual applications and it does this in just a compressed
version of an image of 522 MB. It passed its MD5 checksum test and
extracts to a 1.3 GB .img file.

easy-3.1-amd64.img. It uses sysvinit 2.96-r5 and not

systemd.😁

Easy has great antecedents in Quirky and Puppy Linux.
You can read all about that in the Release Announcement and Release notes.
<https://bkhome.org/news/202110/easyos-version-31-released.html>
and
<http://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64/releases/dunfell/3.1/release-notes.htm>

     Bobbie Sellers