[sf-lug] Meeting of November 7, 2021 and some updated iso files.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Oct 24 16:44:03 PDT 2021

*Hi LUGers,

     Well it looks like the Covid-19 threat is down so that we may
resume the
in person meetings, if other members agree.  That would be two weeks from
today (October 24) on November 7th at the Cafe Enchante from 11 AM to 1 PM.

Please discuss the possiblity of meeting in person on the list.
a consensus would be very nice.

     But I am getting tired far too easily to bring much to the in person
meetings.

     Recently we have had notable updates but some are difficult to find
checksums for then i discover that the downloaded file does not match
the given checksums.

/Redo Rescue is one for which I have found no checksums.  Too bad as it//
//sounds like a potentially useful live utility distribution./

/4MLinux 37.1 took me about half an hour to locate the checksums and then//
//the download failed the checksum.  Searching for the checksums I found//
//a lot of negative comments about its performance.//
//Sooner or later 4M version 38 will be out and maybe it will be usable.//
/
     Now as I noted the Ubuntu 21.10 and all its special flavors are out
with
about 9 months support.  I could not make up my mind so downloaded none
of these.  We have 18.04.6 and 20.04.2 but due a long existing problem
Ubuntu
has updated some of its other releases I believe such as 16.04. //*/If
someone
who wants to use a Ubuntu based distro asks for a copy I would be happy
to get them one if they request it especially Studio./*

     MX-21_x64.iso and MX-21_KDE_x64.iso were both downloaded and
  passed the checksums.  These have .386 versions and server versions
but unimaginative me, I settled for the two versions listed.

     devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_desktop.iso is out and I downloaded it
and it passed its checksum test.  It has .386 versions and server, but
due to the usual factors i only got the listed version

**Redcore.Linux.Hardened.2102.KDE.amd64.iso is out and it passed its
checksum.  I got this because it is based on Gentoo one of the classic
implementations of the GNU/Linux combination.**
**
     I will be moving all these to the portable drive and definitely
bringing
that to any meeting I can attend.  I expect further releases of interest
to arrive at Distrowatch every time I turn around.  By the way if anyone
wants their iso on a booting DVD I can now produce such as I have gotten
the Dell Latitude E6540 running that well.

     Oh and the irregularity of the text is due to modifications by
Thunderbird
of its layout which I have not yet been able to figure out.

     Have a Happy Halloween!
and a Pleasant Day of the Dead.

     Bobbie Sellers 😅

*