[sf-lug] tails lacks bittorrent seeders & clients Re: Take 2: Re: A study in trying to verify a signature

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue May 11 01:24:58 PDT 2021

> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Take 2: Re: A study in trying to verify a signature
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 02:19:39 -0700

> https://tails.boum.org/torrents/files/tails-amd64-4.18.iso.torrent
> Well, that sucks ...
> | Filename                                          Size   Download
>  Upload |
> | tails-amd64-4.18-iso                            1.1  G   0    B/s
> 0    B/s |
> | ^---  connecting to peers (0.0%)                         0.0  M
> 0.0  M   |
> |                                                Totals:   0    B/s
> 0    B/s |
> |                                                          0.0  M
> 0.0  M   |
> | New torrent: tails-amd64-4.18.iso.torrent
> Gave it over an hour, and not so much as a single byte from one single
> peer/seeder.

And, these many days later - though it still has tracker, far as I can
tell, no
client has taken so much as a single tails byte from me - and I might be the
only seeder - certainly weren't any when I earlier tried.  So, I suspect not
many folks use tails, and about zilch use bittorrent to get it, or seed
bittorrent after they've gotten it.  Ashame that.
Oh well.  So, meanwhile and currently - and many of these have been up since
before I added tails, I presently show (shows cumulative since I last
launched btlaunchmanycurses):

| Filename                                          Size   Download
  Upload |