[sf-lug] Virtual meeting of Sunday February 7, 2021

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 7 14:28:00 PST 2021

Hi LUGers,

     Well I write, somewhat shamefaced as I forgot the meeting until 11:50
Had developed plans to continue in bed for an indefinite period. I
remembered
at that time and jumped from my bed pulling on a top as I went to the
computer.

     Then it seems that we had a forked meeting.  Ken, Aaron C., Wayne and
some other folks had remembered the meeting and gotten into their
own space (virtually).  We had the same URLs displayed in our screens.

     I was shortly joined by Tom from Oakland, and Aaron C. breezed in.
Later Rick Moen and Ken Schaffer joined.
     Rick gave a talk about using "world clock" to determine the time
for other virtual meetings.  Unforturnately it seems my copy failed.
Perhaps he will write it up for the list.

     I contributed that Ubuntu 20.04.2 is out on Distrowatch as is
Mageia 8 release candidate aka RC.   You can get either from
Distrowatch.com.    But the topics of greater interest had been
reported to the mailing list earlier.
     Oh and I tried out in my extremity the ReDoRescue iso which as
far as i know did no harm or good.  I used another live disk to find
my original home partition and copied the files to a backup drive
using Midnight Commander, that old root file utility.

     I seem to have recovered all my files from the Dell E6540
which is the machine on which I have been working with for several
years now.  I hope to get it back into production shortly.
     The problem with incompatible update happened on Thursday.
I spent at least half the day working on it.  Then as it chanced
it was laundry day as well and that for me is a lot of work but
I got it all done and found the missing files but the exertions
left me very tired and even after a nights rest I was still tired
yesterday and so tired i was willing to spend the day in bed.

     Aaron C. had brought the problem he is having before
the list.  I hope some advice will clear it up.

     And I hope the people at the other half of the bifurcated meeting
will tell us what they did.

     Next Virtual Meeting of SF-LUG will be on Sunday March 7th
between 11 AM and 1 PM.

     I hope that some of us will be there.

     Bobbie Sellers