[sf-lug] PC with only 4 GiB of installed RAM (was the most recent: "some notes..."

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:03:59 PST 2021

As a freshmen, I had a job in the computer center feeding the paper
cards into a CDC 160 computer, converting them to mag tape, for
running on the CDC 3600.  Other responsibilities were sitting at the
console listening -- the D register was hooked up to an audio output,
and I listened for repeating tones, indicating loops, and kicked the
job off.
 Today, I still run Ubuntu 14.04 and Antix 19 on 1G Intel Compute
Sticks (dont do much browsing from them though), ; ^ )
Ken