[sf-lug] First Sunday of the month

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 3 17:52:40 PDT 2020

Quoting alexkleider (alexkleider at protonmail.com):

> Is there to be a meeting tomorrow? Jitsi-meet?

If I were boringly uncreative, I could suggest you consult the first
paragraph of the Web site's front page.

I could also go on to suggest that, if people show up, then there's by
defintion a meeting -- a nice example of Be the Change You Want in the
World, and that you could also do worse than to follow Evan Prodromou's
Shotgun Rules[1] and send out an announcement, making turnout likely
(whereas "Is there going to be a meeting tomorrow?" just raises doubt
that wasn't present before).

But, trying to be less tedious, I'll instead paraphrase Arlo Guthrie.

You know, if one person, just one person shows up on Jitsi Meeet,
folks may think he's talking to himself and be wary.  And if two people
show up, in harmony, folks may think they're a consultant and customer,
and not interesting.  And if three people do it, three, can you imagine,
three people dialing in to https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org/ , singing a
bar of "How do I recover if I don't remember my password?" and signing
off, they might think it's an organisation.  A user group organisation.

[1] http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt