[sf-lug] Apparently yes, DFSG compliant: Re: Virtual Box running fine...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 13 22:47:06 PDT 2020

> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=virtualbox&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> it's in contrib, not main nor non-free.
> So, that means it itself meets DFSG, but has dependency
> upon non-free ...

Sharp eyes!  I really have no idea what caused that.

All the community documentation I've seen about it for years, FWIW, said
it was DFSG-free except for the extension pack.

TBH, doing without USB 2.0 / 3.0 speeds (especially) is enough of a pain
that most people in my experience install the extension pack.