[sf-lug] Meeting of 5/3 - Ubuntu 14.04 ESM worked for me

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:15:28 PDT 2020

Speaking of being overdue (on my Ubuntu 14.04), I finally read the ssh
login banner and took a look at ubuntu.com/advantage.  The Extended
Security Maintenance (ESM) offers two more years of security updates
at no cost for personal use (three machines) or (50 machines if you
are a member of Ubuntu One (I am).  Registered with one click, and ran
the update/dist-upgrade successfully. ESM is good through March 2022
for 14.04, more time to investigate an upgrade path ;^O
Ken