[sf-lug] Meeting of 5/3

John Strazzarino jstrazza at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 18:31:22 PDT 2020

Here is my takeaway from the zoom meeting:

Attendees:
Glenn J , moderator
Michael P
Rick M
Alex K
Al W
Jim S
John ?
Thomas L
Ken S
Akkana (From New Mexico)
Aaron C
Myself

Meeting started a bit early so people could get their zoom working.  I personally used a demo version Pop!_OS and a usb stick and it worked just fine.  I showed the group how the interface looked via screen sharing.  It worked well.  Most zoomers seemed to be
Using ubuntu or a variation of it.

Several people had trouble with the audio and a lot of discussion was held regarding how to configure it.  Lots of talk about Alsa sound.

Lot of talk about jitsi which Is  another Type of meeting software.  While in this meeting I got into jitsi and it seemed to have similar functionality to zoom.  There was a raspberry pi jitsi meeting but it doesn’t seem to like Firefox, chrome being preferred.

We also had a discussion about wines, which is another Linux distro and the snap repository manager.

That’s all I can remember, so feel free to chime In With your thoughts.

Next zoom meeting is in June 7th at 11 am, unless we can meet in person at the cafe!!!

Bobbie could not attend as she was under the weather, get well soon.

Feel free to share these vague notes with a Linux friend (Or fiend) as necessary.

John

Sent from my iPad