[sf-lug] [...ONlist...] Re: sf-lug list (Re: REQUEST FOR HELP: Fwd: Mail delivery failed...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri May 1 08:59:52 PDT 2020

Al,

Sure, just email me (probably off-list):
o 1st (& 2nd) choice(s) for login name
o preferred email address
o phone number (in case out-of-band communication might ever be needed)
(the above bits go in /etc/passwd - so yes, "world readable" ... but
not a lot 'o users - mostly me and handful of volunteers ... most of
which are on there rather rarely)
o optionally: public ssh key you'd want to use for the account (you can
   of course always later set that up yourself)

Anyway, once I've confirmed you've logged in (and changed any initial
temporary password), I can proceed to set you up with relevant sudo
access, etc.

Thanks for the interest, volunteering, etc.  :-)

Oh, also ... linuxmafia.com - I do also have access there, but that's
mostly Rick's domain/"baby" ... so I mostly lookie (if/when/as
appropriate), but no touchie (don't change anything).
SF-LUGs interests there are mostly "just" the list (and archives,
roster, etc.) - *anyone* can fetch the entire mbox file to back it
up (including so doing via public rsync for efficiency), any member
can see all (or at least all the non-hidden) members and thus also
back that up, and backup of full roster (including any hidden members),
can be done with special arrangement with Rick (I do also have that),
... so yes, I regularly backup that SF-LUG list stuff (don't know that
anyone else does ... at least beyond the on-site backups that Rick does).

         Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>