[sf-lug] Resolution of mail problems Fwd: longer emails not going through [#7607681-2336#]

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 28 09:37:01 PDT 2020

Tony,

     The cat eats cheese then sits by the mouse hole with baited breath.

     The con man waits with bated breath for the mark to take the bait.

     Nothing to do with tax but the original phrase "bated breath" is an

abbreviation of "abated breath", in other words to hold one's breath

<[Search domain grammarist.com/idiom/bated-breath-vs-baited-breath/]
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bated%20breath%20derivation+site:grammarist.com&t=ffab>https://grammarist.com/idiom/bated-breath-vs-baited-breath/
<https://grammarist.com/idiom/bated-breath-vs-baited-breath/>>

<https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/with+bated+breath>

     Have a good day Tony.