[sf-lug] proposed: sf-lug.org. change registrar from joker.com to gandi.net

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 28 00:43:54 PDT 2020

Jim,

I'd suggest you - and anyone else you'd want to have that
ultimate access (keys to the kingdom for sf-lug.org),
go ahead, and, if you don't already have one,
create an account for yourself on https://www.gandi.net/
... and costs nothing to simply create an account, need not
have any products, etc. associated with it.
And then let me know the relevant account(s) name(s).
Then I can add their access to the "Organization" that would
receive the registrar transfer of sf-lug.org.

Anyway, kind'a like root password for an important/critical
resource.  Certainly want more than one person with the access,
but also keep the authorized number of folks fairly small too.
Like maybe about 3 would be a good number (e.g.:
me, yourself ... Al?).

(The various official contacts can be a fallback/failsafe mechanism,
but that can be slower and more difficult to utilize if/as/when needed).

Can also NOT put the login names on-list, for (at least slightly) better
security.