[sf-lug] Donation for Virtual Meeting Hosting

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Apr 24 16:30:02 PDT 2020

> The next meeting whether virtual or in real life is not up to me.
> I actually have no camera nor microphone so a virtual meeting in
>
> which I participated would not seem to have me there at all.

Actually, Zoom also does teleconferencing via phone calls, too. Although you may not be able to see us, you could still hear us and speak to us if you had a way to make a telephone call during the time we were meeting. We would see a blank screen on our computers, but be able to hear you.

So, you could be included if you wanted to participate in that way.

I will let the group decide what they want to do. I want to be supportive in these difficult times. We also may decide not to try this because Zoom is a commercial product.

If we decided to wait until the shelter-in-place has lifted, I'm sure we would enjoy each other's company over a real coffee when we have the opportunity.

Kindest Regards,

Glen Jarvis