[sf-lug] google chrome not loading facebook at all

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:12:27 PDT 2020

Thanks for your thoughts, Tony. I was able to see fb with the m.facebook.com
link you offered. It was really helpful that you let me know of that info,
because it allowed me to easily coordinate with some people I was going to
meet. So thanks very much!

I checked my extensions, and no weird or unexpected extensions. The version
is Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit). I do
update my software regularly, whenever recommended by the GUI update
manager, and I know that Chrome was among those packages update.

I cleared out the cache earlier today, and was not able to get into fb
using the usual url of facebook dot com, despite having updated my software
and having rebooted. This evening, the problem ended as mysteriously as it
began. I was just magically able to log onto facebook dot com. I don't know
why it suddenly cleared up.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Christian Einfeldt