[sf-lug] google chrome not loading facebook at all

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 21:30:27 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am using Lubuntu 18.04.4 and Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.113
(Official Build) (64-bit)

I have 2 FB accounts. I prefer to log into 1 account on Chromium and
Firefox; and another on Google Chrome. Google Chrome simply will not load
FB at all. When I start typing facebook in my Chrome browser, it auto
completes to facebook.com, but loads no data at all.

I found google guide to clearing the cache for one website, which suggest
using the Chrome developer tools to clear the cache for that website:

The Solution: Clear Chrome cache for a single website only
As the page is loaded, open Chrome Developer Tools (Right-Click > Inspect)
or (Menu > More Tools > Developer Tools)
Next, go to the Refresh button in Chrome browser, and Right-Click the
Refresh button.
Select Empty Cache and Hard Refresh.

I followed the recommendations, and still got no response at all. I have no
idea what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Christian Einfeldt