[sf-lug] minimalist set up

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sat Apr 18 18:30:07 PDT 2020

The recent post by John F. S. (jstrazza at yahoo.com) reporting on his
recent experience with mx-linux version 19
has prompted me to report on my own experience (still on going) setting
up Debian without a desk top and then adding wicd (wicd-client for
wifi,) xorg, xdm (and xdm-tools), fluxbox & firefox-esr. (Something I've
wanted to do for a very long time.)
It hasn't been easy but things now seem to be working satisfactorily.
Next step is to get python (v3) set up so I can run it under virtual
environments using virtualenvwrapper.
I've been trying to keep notes and would be happy to share info if
anyone wants to embark on a similar journey.

--
Alex Kleider
(sent from my current gizmo)

ps to complete the story: my 'current gizmo' is a Lenovo ThinkPad X301.