[sf-lug] Concerns surrounding this week's SCaLE 18x

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Thu Mar 5 14:37:04 PST 2020

Some further updates on COVID-19 for both today's+tomorrow's+weekend's
SCaLE 18x participants as well as for the rest of us.

Quoting the latest 'COVID-19 and SCALE 18x' update from [1]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE (March 4, 2020): We wanted to provide an update given there are now
six know cases of Coronavirus in the Los Angeles area. While the LA County
Board of Supervisors have declared[2] a state of emergency, the goal of
that move is to acquire additional funding for prevention and planning.
The Mayor of Los Angeles' office gave a statement this morning and said
there is no proof of communal transmissions and importantly, that there
are no plans to stop public gatherings. As always we are staying in touch
with local officials and will keep on top of all developments and follow
all authority guidelines to keep everyone safe. We look forward to seeing
you all tomorrow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier this week as well, the EPA came out with the list 'Registered
Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the
Cause of COVID-19' [3].  Perhaps before the main mass of SCaLE 18x
attendees arrive at the Pasadena Convention Center, they could pick up
whatever is most appropriate to use (cans of Lysol?) on fingers-shared
desktop/laptop keyboards, mice, Linux touchpads, Linux touchscreens, other
handled devices, chairs,...etcetera at the relatively nearby CVS [4],
Walgreens stores [5][6], Target store [7], and/or other area stores
carrying the listed items??

-A