[sf-lug] RESEND NOTIFICATION Re: I have attached the notification of Feb. 2, 2020 meeting.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 30 19:05:32 PST 2020

Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):

> (attempt to send notification text in the body of the email)

I notice you had a theory that the secret to success was pasting the
announcement into the e-mail body text.  Bobbie had a theory that the
secret to success was furnishing the announcement as an attachment.

FYI, both of those were worth trying but incorrect.  The SMTP and
mailing list software on linuxmafia.com doesn't discriminate on that
basis.  (Personally, I favour inline text instead of attachments.)

Seriously, Jim, if you actually had problems making a posting, please
let me know the details of what happened (including timestamps), and
I'll be glad to see if that posting landed, or in the alternative was
refused, and why.  If it landed, I can investigate where it went after
arrival and why.

But if you don't provide details, I cannot help.