[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday 5 January 2020.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Dec 30 08:47:31 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

    If you have a problem come along and maybe we can help
  but if not we can usually find someone who can. If you cannot
wait post to the mailing list and we will certainly have suggestions.

     Additions to the Distribution Library.
     * file checksumed.
     + written to Flash Drive

    * Zorin-OS-15.1-Lite-32-bit.iso
    *+ Zorin-OS-15.1-Lite-64-bit.iso

    TAILS 4.1 amd64.iso file.
     Will be written to your digital media with the sig file so that
you can check it at home on your machine

     Minimal Linux
<http://minimal.linux-bg.org/#home>
     Where you should read to understand what I am talking about.
     Educational distribution designed to be built from source code
or downloaded as either minimal_linux_live_15-Dec-2019_64-bit_bios.iso
(10MB),
minimal_linux_live_15-Dec-2019_64-bit_uefi.iso (10MB), or
minimal_linux_live_15-Dec-2019_64-bit_mixed.iso (18MB).
     I have gotten the mixed iso file, there are no checksums apparently
at the
site above or elsewhere.  This is out of Bulgaria.  If you want serious
education
you might go to the URL above and get the source code.
    The Iso files contain the following.
> It offers a core environment with just the Linux kernel, GNU C library
> and Busybox userland utilities.
     And shell scripts to get the rest of a useful system.

     Want a portable x86-64 bit Unix?
    So we have NomadBSD_1.3 which is a widely portable install
     to USB Flash Drive.  The images are packed into .lzma files and
     both the files and the contained images have SHA256 checksums.
         There are images for i386, amd64, Dragonfly and
     Mac.  For the announcement we have the page at:
<https://nomadbsd.org/index.html#1.3>
     Also a link to a handbook which might be helpful
     And downloads with instructions on making the USB FD
     at:<https://nomadbsd.org/download.html>
      Screen shots at <https://nomadbsd.org/screenshots.html>
     What the Dragonfly image is about I am not certain, as it
is a variant of BSD, a specific model of very light HP laptop,
and several other things including a Video processor as well
as the better known winged insect.
    *+ nomadbsd-1.3.img.lzma  did not get good results on my
old Dell E6520

     AntiX-19.1-full in both 386 and x86 versions.
I downloaded only the full versionw but the net versions and
core version can be found at.
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Final/antiX-19/>
*  antiX-19.1_386-full.iso
*+  antiX-19.1_x64-full.iso

     *4MLinux-31.0-64bit.iso
also available as a server version for a LAMP server.

             PCLinuxOS64 has its 2019.12 releases out with the addition of
     a Mega KDE version now at about 3.2 GB.  You can see that and the rest
     of the current versions at:
<http://spout.ussg.indiana.edu/linux/pclinuxos/pclinuxos/live-cd/64bit/>
    * pclinuxos64-kde5-2019.12.iso
    *+ pclinuxos64-kde5-mega-2019.12.iso  3.2 GB
    * pclinuxos64-kde5-darkstar-2019.12.iso
    * pclinuxos64-xfce-2019.12.iso
    * pclinuxos64-MATE-2019.12.iso
    * pclinuxos64-xfce-mini-2019.12.iso