[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday December 1, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Dec 1 15:38:04 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Arrived at Cafe Enchante by 10:35.
      Setup went without problems.
      I did some updates on my Dell E6520 for PCLinuxOS64.
      11:10 AM Ken S. and his wife Sunni arrived

      Ken brought along his .hdmi monitor and setup his stick computer
with a
roll-up keyboard. He was running AntiX on the Stick computer and over the
next hour or so he tried out the new distributions I had brought along.

     The only problem he had was with Devuan 2.1 which does not ship
with the proper WiFi drivers.  So he tried out Kali 2019.04
light, Zorin 15 lite and Devuan.

      While he was setting up I upgraded my remaining Knoppix 8.6 to
Knoppix 8.6.1.  This took a bit longer than I had imagined.

      I tried out Zorin, Devuan, and Kali.  Kali made it difficult for me
to get online.  All the rest worked very nicely.

      I finished my computer activity with doing an update to Mageia 7.1
then I
tried to find the USB writer for that distribution.  I will have to do more
research online.

      About 1230 Ken and Sunni left.
      About 1245 I left having packed up everything in the last 20 minutes.

     Anyone attending the meeting is free to correct my omissions or
incomprehension of the activities and asked to do so asap so that the
membership not in attendance will not be mis-informed any longer
than necessary.

     Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season.

     The next meeting is presently scheduled for Sunday January 5,
2010.
     Happy New Year to all.

     Bobbie Sellers