[sf-lug] Best way to install a .exe firmware updater

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 23 18:16:13 PST 2019

Hmmm, and perhaps instead of / in addition to all of us speculating
how it may be done with the particular .exe file ...
Perhaps a link to the actual .exe file (and maybe secure hash(es) so
we might verify we got the expected).
Examining / playing around the actual file, folks might figure out
how it can be used (and even sans Microsoft) to do the firmware update
and/or extract relevant part(s) and have a procedure to install the
firmware.

And not all .exe files are created alike ... so without the actual,
we may be more guessing appropriate procedure, etc.  Although that
might be useful for more general case/information, it may not so much
help with the exact present situation and particular .exe file.