[sf-lug] Linux Pro magazine November 2019 on News stands.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Nov 9 14:09:49 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Picked this up yesterday at the Fog City News as I was helping them
celebrate their 20th year in business. (20% discount pulled me in along with
free samples of chocolate and of a pumpkin spice chocolate truffle.)

     Linux Pro magazine November 2019 issue #228 is now on the news stand
at least at Fog City News, South side of Market Street, East of 1st Street.

     DVD this month features Super Grub2 and Knoppix 8.6.
  [We have both in the distribution library. Coming to the meeting
and asking can get you a copy of Knoppix with persistence enabled
on a Flash Drive.]

     Tasmota Put New Firmware on IoT devices.
     Secret File Sharing with OnionShare

Big headline on the cover:
Anonymous File Sharing - Pass files secretly with OnionShare

Baobab: Analyze disk usage

Sayonara Music Player Mingle your music collection with podcasts and
Internet radio

Safe Login - Tools for better online password protection

HiFiBerry Use a Rasp Pi to resurrect your old CD player
/usr Merge - Debian restructures the all-important /usr directory
Love for LoRa - Wireless networking at a distance

LINUXVoice
o Lutris open gaming platform
o McFly:Add AI to Bash
o maddog: Jump-start your business with FOSSH

FOSSPicks
• Gaia Sky
• Firejail app sandbox
• LIKO-12 retro-gaming engine

Tutorial
• Microblogging with Mastodon

and much more including 3d printer projects
<www.LinuxProMagazine.com>

         Bobbie Sellers