[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday November 3, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 28 10:10:03 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Do we have any teachers in the membership who might like
to use Linux to enable tracking of student performance?  This
can include Home Schoolers.  Distrowatch has PrimTux 5 in
Lubuntu base for Scholars and Debian base for Teachers.
I will download these if requested. But got to
  <www.distrowatch.com> and see if they fit your
needs.

     As mentioned in my notes of 10/6/2019 I will have the Linux Pro
magazine
of October 2019 issue #227 at the meeting.

     Distributions added to the library:
     *check-summed - **On a Flash Drive

     *antiX-19_x64-full.iso**
     *antiX-19_386-full.iso
     There are other smaller versions, base.iso and net.iso as well
   32-bit versions all systemd free.  Read about at this url:
<https://antixlinux.com/antix-19-isos-available/>

     MX-19 Linux out!
     *MX-19_386, containing a 32 bit PAE kernel.
     *MX-19_x64, with a 64 bit kernel**
     To learn more about it read at:
<https://mxlinux.org/blog/mx-19-patito-feo-released/>
     To download:
<http://iso.mxrepo.com/Downloads/Final/antiX-19/>

     *rescatux-0.72-beta1.iso
<https://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/>

    *ubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso **
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2019-October/000250.html>
     *ubuntustudio-19.10-dvd-amd64.iso** features tools for Audio,
<http://ubuntustudio.org/tour/audio/>Graphics,
<http://ubuntustudio.org/tour/graphics/>Video.
<http://ubuntustudio.org/tour/video/>
Photography, and <http://ubuntustudio.org/tour/photography/>Publishing
<http://ubuntustudio.org/tour/publishing/>
<https://ubuntustudio.org/>
     *ubuntukylin-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso
     *lubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso
     *xubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso

And you might want to peruse this article
20 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 19.10 ‘Eoan Ermine’
which is at:<https://www.tecmint.com/things-to-do-after-installing-ubuntu/>

     PCLinuxOS64 has new distribution release of 2019.10  Will have at least
one version of this on Flash Drive.
     *pclinuxos64-kde5-2019.10.iso
     *pclinuxos64-kde5-darkstar-2019.10.iso
     *pclinuxos64-MATE-2019.10.iso
     *pclinuxos64-xfce-2019.10.iso
     *pclinuxos64-xfce-mini-2019.10.iso
          Read about where to download
     at <http://www.pclinuxos.com/>. Visit the
     Forum at <https://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/>
     and become acquainted with our friendly
     community.

     TAILS 4.0 is out!
     A member requested that I get a copy of TAILS
for him and I did, so wo will have it at the LUG meeting
to put on his media.  I torrented it according to the
instructions at the following URL.
<https://tails.boum.org/install/download/index.en.html>

     UbPorts announced on Distrowatch 2019-10-23!
     OTA-11! OTA-11 is immediately available for all supported Ubuntu
Touch devices. You can see the supported devices at this URL,
<https://ubports.com/devices/promoted-devices> which include
smart phones and a 10" tablet.
     You can read more about the release and install to your compatible
device at:
<https://ubports.com/blog/ubports-blog-1/post/ubuntu-touch-ota-11-release-252>
     If you have forgotten UbPorts took over the Unity interface
which had been designed for phones originally but ported to
use on computers where I at least did not enjoy the experience.
On a phone or a tablet this is far better than Android and Google
or iPhone and Apple as far as security goes.

         Well I hope what I have outlined is enough to get you to the
meeting
but if you want a copy on disk of any of the above distributions let
me know ASAP.

     Bobbie Sellers