[sf-lug] Don't do that! ("If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders" ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 10 22:50:19 PDT 2019

Yeah, don't do that ...

So, let's say I mail you a letter.
You send a response saying that you won't even possibly
see the letter I sent you, unless I go to the office of your
local mail administration service, and fill out a form
Zed-stroke-Q-fifty-seven-P - rev. A
And only after so doing you might consider possibly receiving
and/or seeing mail I send to you ... oh, and that it doesn't
necessarily apply retroactively, so you might need me to mail again
whatever I'd mailed before.

Nope.

Unless you're some highly notable person I'm keenly interested in
getting something to, ... just nope.  If you don't want useful or
helpful information from me, I'm not going to jump through hoops to
try to get it to you.

Oh, and [REDACTED], just to treat you equitably and all, and only and
specifically *just* for you on this one... if you want to want me to
receive or see something you've mailed to me, please go to my local
mail administrators office, and kindly fill out form
Zed-stroke-R-fifty-eight-Q - rev. C
and once that's done, I might consider receiving/seeing mail from you,
and that may or many not apply retroactively, so if you've mailed
something, you might have to mail it again.

I apologize for this not so automatic reply to your mail.

And don't worry, I'll only inconvenience you this once ... each
time I change my address.  But to be secure - and only and specifically
just for you, I'll probably change that at least every 90 days ... if
not daily.

<sigh>

references/excerpts (redacted)