[sf-lug] My NUC computer model NUC5PPYH

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Jun 29 21:02:22 PDT 2019

On 6/29/19 8:11 PM, John Strazzarino wrote:
> Getting back to my NUC computer
>
> It now says file ‘/grub2/i386-pc/normal.mod’ not found
>
> Ls command gives (hd0) (hd0,msdos11) and so forth thru (hd0,msdos5), then msdos2 and msdos1
>
> Tried a bunch of insmod and cat commands but they don’t seem to work
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Sent from my iPad

     Have you tried plugging in your external DVD/CD drive and booting
up a copy of SuperGrub2 which is a live disk that finds all the bootable
and sometimes not bootable files on the disk?
     If you could get the PCLOS booted up then you could probably
fix the problem by re-installing GRUB2.

     Also Rescatux  another live boot CD which can fix lots of problems
might be able to fix this problem.

     As Rick mentions in his remarks Dual-boot situations can be problematic
but I have gotten them to work in the past.

     You might want to take a look at the MUC's firmware/BIOS settings.

     Bobbie Sellers