[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday June 17, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 20 21:18:30 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Well I got to the Cafe Enchante at 5:35 PM and got well
setup when my online friend Alan S.  showed up.

     I had told him and others online about RoboLinux,
which facilitates the use of Windows in virtual machines
under Linux. I had installed it to my test bed, the reasonably
reliable Dell E6520, to give him and myself a chance to try
  it out.
     He is employed by a organization that requires him to
use Windows at specific times and this might help him.
     He stuck around until the end of the meeting and took
away my Robolinux Flash Drive with the usual $5 deposit.

     Then John S. came in and was having a problem that
was simple but not so simple of solution for someone
as unskilled as me.  He was having problems installing
updates.   At one point in a test we learned that the
/boot partition was too small and we spent a lot of time
working on that and did not achieve a reliable result.
     I was very unhappy about that last.

     So was John S. but maybe more resigned to the
consequence.  The NUC is not his main home computer.

     Sorry that this report is so late but unfortunate circumstances
left me too tired to either do a good job at the meeting nor
to finish the report which I started on late Monday evening.

     The next meeting will be on Sunday July 7, 2019 at the
Cafe Enchante from 11 AM to 1 PM.  I expect to put up a notice
of that meeting about July 1st.

     Happy Summers Beginning!

     Happy Independence Day!

     Bobbie Sellers