[sf-lug] Yes, Mailman stores and sends the passwords in the clear: Re: Anyone here had any contact with Linu xChix.org?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jun 8 00:03:52 PDT 2019

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> The problem of resetting password has been solved a long time ago (and
> relies on email!) so this feature is not really clear to me.
>
> I have no problem with periodic email. it is the practice of sending
> passwords I was bringing up.

Honestly, all I have is what I think are reasonable surmises about the
reasons for that feature, e.g., my sense is that the (default) periodic
reminder mails produce the benefits I mentioned upthread.  If you really
want the developers' take on that, though, there's no substitute for
asking them.  (The lead developer is Mark Sapiro.)

You can find them from here:
https://wiki.list.org/