[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Sunday June 2, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 3 20:15:20 PDT 2019

On 6/3/19 7:31 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):
>
>> While I'm sure this snippet was just a test to see who is reading
>> this carefully, it turns out that the terminal command 'cal -B1 -1'
>> reveals that you (Bobbie) probably meant to write Monday _June_ 17
>> and _June_ 13 instead of the _May_ dates that you wrote above. See
>> 'man 1 cal' for further information about the nifty 'cal' command,
>> whether from SF, from the Peninsula, or from the wider East Bay area
>> surrounding the actual UC Berkeley campus...  LOL! ;->
> /usr/bin/cal is definitely my kung-fu!  More at:
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Linux_PR/newlug.html  ('cal' is recommended
> strongly in item #12.)

     Aaron was wrong,  I was simply tired.  I wish I  could plead for
the testing
theorem but no, I was tired.   I got home and I started writing as soon as I
had eaten.   Then I had to do something else and nearly forgot to send it
at all but came back in the evening and misaddressed the notes and sent
them to another mailing list that is more tolerant of images. Discovered
that
early today and fixed the address but not more.  Did not show up so I
sent it again and no response then i dragged you into the matter, Rick.

     So on June 10 I will put up, I hope,my regular notice of the next
meeting
on June 17th.
     I, for one, and I am sure I am one among many thank you very much
for your
long service maintaining a mailing list for a group of people who only
speak up
when the ox treads upon our own toes.

     I am aware from personal experience of the phenomena that many people
see no reason to thank a volunteer for the attempts they make to keep email
lists and meetings happening.   But I do have people who do appreciate my
meager efforts and I try to thank them for their appreciation.

     Thanks again for all your efforts Rick.

     Bobbie Sellers