[sf-lug] systemateka.com

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon May 20 20:02:15 PDT 2019

> From: aaronco36 <aaronco36 at SDF.ORG>
> Subject: [sf-lug] Today's topics and an anniversary-of-sorts for Vi
> Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 19:32:16 +0000 (UTC)

> FWIW and possibly related to jim's having trouble re-discovering his
> password as per the above, the www.systemateka.com links in [06]
> (and maybe *all* systemateka webpages) seem to have been hijacked by
> [presumably>] Chinese hackers/cybersquatters :-(

I wouldn't presume *too* much about systemateka.com,
it may well have expired, been abandoned, become available, and
someone else snapped it up.

If folks want to find and research some historical whois data,
likely expiration dates, and increments other than positive integer
multipliers of year, may well indicate it had expired and wasn't renewed
within grace period, etc., and may have reverted to being available again,
and someone snatched it up.  (I once waited quietly for a domain I was
interested in - where it appeared it was in the process of being
abandoned ... and I snapped it up within hour(s) or less of it
becoming available).

Maybe Jim will want to comment to resolve the "mystery" ... but maybe
some folks would want to see what they can find out first.