[sf-lug] will have trouble re-discovering my password: Re: Status of SF-LUG / Linux meeting(s) @ Noisebridge? & SF-LUG web site (mis?)information thereof

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon May 20 19:09:22 PDT 2019

> From: jim <jim at well.com>
> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] Status of SF-LUG / Linux meeting(s) @
> Noisebridge? & SF-LUG web site (mis?)information thereof
> Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 12:44:06 -0400

> I have access, but will have trouble
> re-discovering my password.

Well ...
$ hostname && sudo awk -F: '{if($1=="jstockford")print $3;}' /etc/shadow
balug-sf-lug-v2.balug.org
16999
$ (TZ=GMT0 export TZ; date -I -d "$(date -d @0) + 16999 days")
2016-07-17
$
You probably last changed your password on or around 2016-07-17.
If you don't manage to figure out what it is, let me know, and I can
reset it for you ... or if you have public ssh key, I could put that
in place for you - but you'd still need password for (most of) your
sudo access ... but I could also drop in a NOPASSWD sudo item to
let you reset your own password (at least for a one-shot, anyway).