[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, 20 May, 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 13 10:13:54 PDT 2019

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets on third Monday of every month from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and  on first Sunday of every month from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

   New distros and upgrades at this meeting:

Rescatux 0.7.1-beta7 boots on 32 and 64 bit systems.
It is still CD sized so I put it on CDs  (several copies).

Clonezilla Live 2.6.1-25 separate versions for 686, 686-pae, and amd64
machines.

SuperX_5.0(Lamarr) which features a KDE with restricted choices.
comes with KWrite, LibreOffice (older 6.x), Firefox.  Menu uses only
the icon dashboard that shows a borderless window with application
icons.  Boots from a Flash Drive.
Looks good for beginners whether Linux aware or not.
I wrote to Rick about such a distribution not too long ago but
it looks like the ideas I had are expressed here.

Parrot in  Home and Full Security versions in KDE.  Parrot has lots of
versions with various interfaces, suiting processors from x86, through
amd64 and ARM.  I got the KDE amd64 versions.
Have both written to a Flash Drive and tested.

     Have several other downloaded systems, Open Indiana,
  Open Mandriva,  which may be written to Flash Drives
for testing.

     I hope to see some of us on Monday the 20th of May,

     Bobbie Sellers