[sf-lug] didn't try to solve ...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 22 07:50:30 PDT 2019

On 3/22/19 3:50 AM, Michael Paoli wrote:
>> From: "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com>
>> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday 18 March 2019
>> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:05:27 -0700
>

> Random Microsoft vent/groan:  When one does Control-Alt-Delete ... and it
> takes quite a while to respond ... and when it finally does, it gives
> some
> dialog about not being able to give you that selection (lack of
> resources or something unavailable or whatever the hell its "excuse"
> was).  And, nope, not tryin' to solve that one ... hell no.  Run like
> hell to Linux!  :-)  Besides, this wouldn't be the place to try in solve
> some Microsoft cr*p (other than avoiding it and using Linux).

Should they flee to Microsoft to ge their Linux though?
The following is a Usenet posting

On 3/21/19 8:31 PM, dreamer wrote:
With the subject: Microsoft installs Ubuntu  [Yay] or [Nay]

 > I recently returned to unix shell and have found installing
 >ubuntu through the microsoft store quick and painless.
 >Anyone else have this experience?
 > And if not, what's wrong with it?  Seems too good to be true.

Then I replied:
     Well Microsoft has touched it and stained it forever.  You had
better have some brilliant security technician look at the project
because Microslut is capturing the information from Windows users
and selling it to people to decide what you want to spend money on.
     So since it has been in the abode of evil can it come out
un-bugged?  I think the chances are about even that it either
joins you to the Microsoft User information base or that
your Ubuntu installation is pure.  I am not that security
technician by any means but find a Linux Users Group
in your general vicinity and see if they can offer
consultation.

     Also what registration does Microsoft require if any?
End of my reply to Dreamer.

     Are my concerns over-blown and totally paranoid?

     Bobbie Sellers