[sf-lug] Safer Browsing

Tom Turner seameadowlake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:17:33 PST 2019

Aaron, thanks for the link to "'Incognito: A Guide to Security, Privacy,
and Anonymity' [2]." I plan to look into that.
Also thanks for the warnings about the "looonnnggg" links and the tracking
by NordVPN. I already have Firefox and Chromium installed, so wasn't
planning on using the links and hadn't checked them. To install a new
browser on my Ubuntu or Linux Mint distros, I would use Synaptic.

I was most interested in the pointers to the Firefox Add-Ons uBlock Origin,
HTTP Everywhere, Privacy Badger, and No Script. Searching the add-ons for
"HTTP Everywhere" brings up HTTPS Everywhere, so the typo is of no effect.

Tom