[sf-lug] Ubuntu, GPartEd, Bad Luck with Blue Collar Linux-Help! etc.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 15 09:22:26 PST 2019

Hi LUGers,

     Some months back I bought my Dell E6520 with a 128 GB SSD.
It came with Windows 7 and so of course I attempted to create a
dual boot machine.  I messed that first attempt up and due to my
contingencies I finally got around to it on Wednesday am.
     I managed to install my PCLinuxOS 64 from an 2018.06 release
but before I could do that I booted up the GParted from the
install disk and wiped out my previous Linux volumes.  It took
maybe an hour after getting it setup to install and get a full set
of updates to 2019.01.
     The speed of boot is a little better but no spectacular.
     Hopefully I will be able to show this off at the next meeting.

     Today's News is that Distrowatch is now stocking
/Distribution Release: Ubuntu 18.04.2 /LTS.

     Hopefully this will not be full of the problems that have
plagued Ubuntu lately.
     With a little luck I will have several versions including
Kubuntu and Lubuntu as well as the mainline product.

     Ok bad luck. 3 attempts on I have not been able to
get a full copy of Blue Collar Linux.  I have exhanged
emails with the publisher.   He has a high speed line
since he is a developer.
     Maybe someone with a high speed line faster than
DSL in this case could get a download?  The developer
claims no other cases of download failure.  The URL
is below.
<https://paladin-blue.com/>
     Maybe it is the bad weather but I tried by night
and by day and by night again.

     Let me know if you can get the download and
hopefully share it with the rest of us.

     bliss