[sf-lug] Canonical Apologizes for kernel regression problems and more

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Feb 13 10:11:10 PST 2019

>     Wow! They messed up several updates.
>     You can read about it and the fixes
> at<https://news.softpedia.com/news/canonical-apologizes-for-another-ubuntu-linux-kernel-regression-fix-available-524892.shtml>

Huh.  The regression I saw was with systemd on ubuntu-mate16.04.x
xenial LTS, and it broke who and sshd.  Had to revert systemd
libsystemd0 libpam-systemd systemd-sysv to 229-4ubuntu4.

>     Well the story is complete at that address but
> maybe we need to recommend another distribution
> to beginners?
>     Has anyone heard of Blue Collar Linux?
> Full story on it at:
> <https://www.linuxinsider.com/story/85787.html>

Interesting.  Not sure I buy that being designed by "whitebread"
types is a selling point.

Let us know how it works out for you.