[sf-lug] systemd and memory corruption...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Jan 24 08:01:53 PST 2019

On 1/23/19 2:51 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Correcting typo, in case it wasn't obvious:
>
>> Sure enough, there were a couple of interesting follow-ups, e.g.,
>> Michael P. commented on the core systemd init's carefree assumption
>> that the running init must be system _without checking_ that this was
>                                  ^^^^^^ 'systemd'
>> true, leading to 'all hell breaking loose' when the newly arrived
>> systemd software shot PID#1 (SysVInit) in the head and took its place
>> as PID#1 (grimly amusing to contemplate, albeit ghastly).
>

> And, on another note:
>
>> The only other comment was Ken Shaffer saying a day later tat Ubuntu had
>                                                               ^
>> security patces out -- but nobody went for the obvious takeaway.
>                 ^
>
> My laptop's aitch key has become sticky.  Sometimes I notice and fix the
> dropped keystrokes; sometimes I don't.

     My solution is an extenal keyboard using USB or whatever connector
you may have.
     I have used such for quite a while as i find the laptop keyboard
uncomfortable to
use for extended periods, plus I frequently inadvertently brush the keypad
as I used the laptop keyboard.  This has some unsettling effects on the
screeen
sometimes moving the  working window to the back.

     bliss