[sf-lug] linuxmafia.com - yes, it's up, ... just not presently listening to TCP ports 80 or 443

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 16 21:26:30 PST 2019

> linuxmafia.com - yes, it's up, ... just not presently listening to
> TCP ports 80 or 443

Oh, you want one of those, I can switch it back on for a bit.

linuxmafia:/var/lib/mailman/bin# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting web server: apache2 htcacheclean.
linuxmafia:/var/lib/mailman/bin#

[...]
>  05:04:03 up 243 days,  7:55,  6 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.0

Yay for uptime -- but I don't make a festish out of it, and also most
winters I have at least one brief power outage during a storm much like
the current one.

> Mailman is still perfectly good list server software ... no web required.

Many people appear unaware that _almost_  anything you can do at the
Mailman MLM webUI, you can instead do by interacting with the software's
e-mail command interface.